Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pantry Challenge!

Okay, y'all!  I was inspired to create this blog after researching ways to save money.  I found several blogs from last January that did an "Eat From your Pantry Challenge".  I thought...hmm...I could get organized and save money...okay!  The premise is to stay out of the grocery store and eat from your stockpile for a set amount of time.  PLEASE use this as an idea but you really have to tailor it to meet your family's needs. 

The first thing you will need to do is figure out WHAT you have in your cupboards, freezer and fridge.  EVERYTHING.  WOW!!  This was a JOB for me!!  There are only 2 people in this house!  Grant you, I do cook for my dogs (I'll have to share some recipes later) so I do have stuff for them in the freezer and pantry as well....but still...!!  I will post my spreadsheets as soon as I can.  I entered everything into an excel document for my ease of use.  You definitely don't have to do this part.  That was just easiest for me.  If you have a notebook, you're good to go!

The challenge dates I have chosen are January 3, 2011 until February 3, 2011....one month.  I can do this and you can too! 

My goals and guidelines for this project will be in my next post.  Get ready!  Go get your notebook and start your inventory!  PLEASE don't make me do this by myself!  We can share recipes and other ideas.  Come on...it'll be fun!

Counting Peas,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment