I enjoy giving gifts. I always have. Now that money is tight, I have to think outside of the box. This can def be a good thing because instead of picking up something from the store to give to someone, 9 times out of 10 I'm gonna make it. I can honestly say that every handmade gift I have ever given has been well-received. I think the reason is the recipient knows more thought was put into other than shelling out a few bucks.
Anyway, here you will see original instructions and where I got the idea from. I am going to post the directions to their original concept, but I'm going to tell you have I modified to fit my situation.
Both of my friends had gastric bypass surgery. Having had the surgery myself in 2005, I know how much their lives are going to change. With that being said, on each slip of paper I included in their jars I wrote a positive mantra that they could look forward to. .
Here are some examples:
- Eating to Live, Not Living to Eat
- Finding your size at thrift stores.
- NOT paying more for your clothing just b/c you can afford that extra cheeseburger!
- Fitting comfortably in a booth.
- Not checking the weight limit on everything you buy, stand on, sit on, etc.
Here's their original.
|Friendship Jar - Used from Favecrafts.com|