Saturday, June 16, 2012

What's in his Bento Today?

I'm still learning when it comes to the whole Bento Box thing.  I try to have themes and such, but I usually just end up putting in things that I know he will like and that we have on hand.  I'm all about some ease!  He had leftover salad that I got at Backyard Bistro for his actual lunch, so I made a breakfast/snack Bento that he could just munch on when he got hungry.  Let's see what Rich had in his Bento!

Starting at the top, right, is some homemade chicken salad with almonds and grapes.  Below that are the crackers to go with it as well as about 10 M&M's as a treat!  In the large section he has orange slices, kiwi and apple hearts, cucumber stripes, and a little container of my yummy fruit dip is underneath the little love note...which he NEVER mentioned!  Sometimes you gotta ask yourself, "Why do I bother?"  He is usually very appreciative so I guess I can let him slide this one time!  lol

I just had to include a pic of the salad I got for lunch that Rich took the leftovers from.  This is a Cobb Salad from Backyard Bistro in Raleigh and let me tell you...it was HUGE!  It is one of my fave things there...with their homemade avocado-ranch dressing.  My niece and I went there because I had a $20 groupon!  Her salad is below....

My niece, Taylor, had a lettuce bowl salad with all kinds of veggies and some kind of seasoned, grilled chicken.  The presentation was so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment