Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slacker!

Wow...its been a long time!  Life has been CRAZY busy!  I am hoping that next week while I am home while hubby is healing from surgery that I will be able to post a good, long blog!  I have been jotting down notes and stuff each time I think about it so I don't forget!

Good news is Old Navy has been having AWESOME sales online and in store.  Check them out!  I have gotten shirts for $3 each and stuff like that!  I cleaned out around 10 trashbags full of clothes from my closet  (several still w/ tags) and still have plenty of clothes right now!  I've dropped quite a few pounds so the old stuff was little rough!  Oh, Walmart has their clearance clothing marked down to $1 and $3!!  I stocked up on tanks and a couple of cute, knit tops.

I am in the process of canning about 40lbs of tomatoes!  Come this winter, I will be glad I did.  I have also frozen a BUTTLOAD of veggies and berries.  I have made lots of freezer jam and regular jam for my first time.  It's not bad!  I like the Blueberry on my homemade white bread.  I'll have to post a few pics!  I'm little Ms. Suzy Homemaker!!  LOL

Anyway, I'll be back soon!  In the meantime, please send good thoughts and/or prayers my hubby's way.  I know his surgery will go smoothly but some added insurance never hurts!

Keep on Keeping On!
Joy
Strawberry Jam - before going into jars

Blueberries picked from Smith's Nursery - before they were jam!

My very first loaf of homemade bread - YUMM!

TOTALLY worth the little effort!!

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Homemade Granola Bars

My Granola Bars that are QUITE tasty!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread - ummm...Hello!!

No comments:

Post a Comment