Sunday, March 27, 2011

Starbuck's Cake Pops

Starbucks has a new line of petite yummies....and they are YUMMY!  Rosemary and I had to sample the Birthday Cake Pop....wow!  They are $1.50 each or 2 for $2.50.  Online you can order a small pot w/ 6 in it for $30+ !  OUCH!  That started the wheels in my brain turning...we're all in trouble now!

I decided to make my own!  Let's see my cost breakdown...
Cake Mix - .60 coupon and sale
reduced sugar vanilla frosting - I only used half, so .33 clearance @ Big Lots
lollipop sticks $1.50 for the pack
3 eggs - .22
1/4 c oil - .05
vanilla almond bark - used 1/2 package - $1.50
chocolate melting chips - used 1/3 package - sale after a holiday - .42

Made 30 cake pops. 


Entire recipe costs 4.68
That makes each cake pop .16!!  Awesome!!

**side note - we also used sprinkles but i get all sprinkles on clearance for almost nothing so I'm thinking MAYBE .05 for sprinkles in all!

Let me know if you need the recipe!  They were yum!  Kinda like an truffles inside! 

I'm going to pop away now!

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment