Thursday, August 2, 2012

Unusual and Frugal Uses for Peanut Butter

I have to start by saying...I LOVE peanut butter!  I can eat it by the spoonful straight outta the jar...Oh, and "fluffer-nutter sammies...HEAVEN!  ;)  Listverse.com has some rather "different" uses for peanut butter.  I would have to make sure I didn't eat it all before using it.  Have you ever tried any of their tips??  Check it out...
www.graphicshunt.com
  • To lubricate things....GET YOUR MIND OUTTA THE GUTTER!  Hmphf!  They recommend using it on lawn mower blades that begin to get rusty.  I will say, even when I don't have WD-40 on hand, I promise I have PB!
  • Giving your puppers meds.  We do this and it is awesome!  We started all of our guys young taking their meds w/ PB.  Now, it's a treat for them to get things like Benedryl!
  • In place of butter in recipes.  It gives a yummy, background flavor!  Yummm!
  • Bait for Mousetraps...it's a wives' tale that mice like cheese.  They will come for PB instead.  I have to say, I have a problem sharing my PB with the rats!
  • To remove sticky tags from surfaces...like that price tag right on the front of the mirror you buy at the store of yard sale!  Ugh!  Just smear a little PB on the spot with a rag and rub off!
  • To make your house smell good after cooking fish...yeah, seriously!  Put a couple of tablespoons in a frying pan and fry it down for a couple of minutes.  Of course, I would worry about playing hell trying to clean the pan!!
  • To polish leather furniture.  You know, I LOVE PB, but I don't know that I want my couch smelling like it simple b/c my dogs would eat my furniture!  They say to mix a tiny bit of perfume oil in it to combat this...sounds like work to me...but anyway, wax on, wax off!
  • As THE main ingredient for cookies...I know, when I first read this, i was like DUH!  But what they are referring to is a recipe using PB with NO flour...sounds good to me. Check it out!  I would add a splash of vanilla extract to this recipe...as a matter of fact, I may make these tonight for my niece in the hospital.  :)
  • To remove gum from your hair or the carpet...this is great for moms!
  • In place of shaving cream.  Pls make sure it is CREAMY and not crunchy..ouch!  They say the oils in PB actually soften the skin as well.  Try it and let me know.  lol
http://burnsidewriterscollective.blogspot.com

Have you ever used PB as something other than an edible?  Let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment