Thursday, August 2, 2012

Octopus Bento...complete w/ seashells ;)

Yes, I know what everyone says about the effects of food dyes and such.  I refuse to live in fear over everything I enjoy.  We do eat relatively health as a whole, but there are certain things we do enjoy.  Life is too short to get rid of everything that makes you smile....so, I will continue to use my food coloring! :)

Okay...now that we have THAT out of the way...THE OCTOPUS BENTO!  This one was fun for me!  As I said before, I enjoy making them because Rich truly appreciates them!  So....without further ado....
Beginning on the top left: Homemade Tie-dyed cupcake complete with a hibiscus pick with whale crackers, below that is a boiled egg shaped as a fish, decorated with my edible markers, and yes, dyed blue!  In the large compartment is where all of the magic happens...LOL...kidding...anyway...I made a quick, homemade mac n' cheese using mini shell pasta, Parmesan and Monterey Jack Cheeses, and a little milk...I cooked the noodles w/ blue water.  On top of the shell ocean are 2 hot dog octopuses with faces frawn on w/ edible markers.  This is decorated w/ a parasol toothpick and a pink flamingo pick. 

The Cupcake
Octopuses...or is it Octopi?  Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment