Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cheap Mulit-Guitar Stand!! DIY

As many of you know my hubby is a musician.  He only has about 482 guitars...so maybe I'm exaggerating a little but he has A LOT!  He has a guitar stand that holds 5 but he had outgrown that.  He went searching for multi-guitar stands online but they were right at $100!  He knew I'd have a baby cow so he went searching for a way to cut costs....did I tell ya' I taught him right!?  

He found the instructions on how to create one online using PVC piping.  He made me a list and I went to Lowe's and picked it up because I was off work that day.  You will not believe how little this thing costs!  It would also make a great gift for any friends/family that you have who are musicians.  Check out the break down:

All Piping and fixtures are 3/4 inch in diameter.
1  10 Ft PVC Pipe  $1.68
5  caps  .20 each = $1.00
1  piece (6 ft) insulated pipe wrap  $1.18
14  T's  .29 each = $4.06
6  elbows  .28 each = $1.68
4 oz (smallest you can buy) jar of PVC cement  $3.38 for the jar, he used 1oz = $.95

GRAND TOTAL (tax included because I had to pay it too) $11.29
Estimated Savings = $88.71 = almost 89%

How cool is that?!?!  As I mentioned, this is a GREAT gift idea!  It took hubby about 1 hour to complete it and it looks awesome as you can see below:

If you want to cover the white piping you could always do so with all of the various colors of Duck Tape they have out now.  I suggested the Tie-Dyed one to hubby.  I think that will probably be done later! 

NOW for the PIMPED out Guitar Stand....
We have some kinda black n' white zebra thingie going!  CUTE!!


Until Next Time...Rocking Out w/ Our Cheap Guitar Stand,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment